Sooner or later, if you are looking for a job or even if you are working you may end up asking yourself “Should I work from home ?” Unless you have a good job that you enjoy and pays you good money, trying to find a decent job with the economy as it is today is very hard.
When you consider starting a new home business you should carefully contemplate the pros and cons from your own personal position.
I am going to give you some good reasons why should consider working from home.
What are the advantages of working from home?
- You are not limited to the amount of money you can earn. The amount of time and effort you put into your business will determine the result. So all your efforts will be reflected in the profits of your business. It’s you that decides the level of success of your business, the more effort/time should result in more profit for you.
- Flexible hours. You will be able to set your own schedule. You can work to suit your personal or family needs. But, it is always important to keep focused on what needs doing for your business and to rest determined. Remember, you won’t have a boss looking over your shoulder to see if you have finished your work, it will be up to you. You must rest motivated!
- No more commuting. The time wasted time driving to work or getting the train will be a thing of the past. No more gas bills or transport expenses. No more of the hassles and stress associated with commuting. You just sit down in front of your computer.
- No Boss. You are free to work as you see fit not as your boss dictates.
- Spend more time with your family. Working from home can be great for spending more time with your kids. It will be your family that is your priority, not your job or employer. At the same time, you must put in enough work to keep your business going. There is a certain balance that you will have to get right and this may take a bit of time.
- You will not be so stressed without a boss, without commuting. Less stress and you will be happier and healthier.
- Working from home will probably qualify you for some tax benefits. It is always a good idea to get some professional advice before you start, but you may be able to get tax relief on some of your household expenses.
- It is possible to make a business out of a passion or hobby. If you can go down this road it’s really great as working on something you do as a hobby, something that really interests you or something you enjoy, won’t seem like work. Now that is really cool!
- Lie-in in the morning. No need to get up at the crack of dawn to go to work. If you have trouble getting up in the morning you can profit with a little extra time in bed.
- You will be able to take a break when you like. Your website will be online and continue to earn you money 24/7.
- You are free to wear what you like. You are working in your own home so what you are comfortable with is what you wear. This will probably also provide you with a saving on your clothing budget.
- When working for oneself you can see the direct results of your work and efforts which leads to greater satisfaction. If you also love what you are doing in your business you will be happier.
- You can work from your own home, but as long as you have an internet connection you can work from anywhere in the whole world.
Make it work for you.
You have seen the reasons why you should be thinking of working from home, but it may not be for everyone. The most important point for me is introducing a level of self-discipline like in a traditional working environment. Of course, you also can take advantage of the fact that you can arrange your hours of work to suit your own particular needs.
I’ve been working from home (not online) for more than 30 years and I can’t picture myself working for an employer again. I enjoy the freedom and being there for the children when they were young was great. But I am disciplined, I work a certain number of hours per day and when something needs doing I get it done.
Working from home is something that you can make work for yourself. I would say plan your time when you start. The hours you want or need to work and your free time when you are with the kids, etc.
Beware of scams
There are thousands of people on the internet who want to take advantage of people like you and me. They promise that you can make a lot of money online with very little work and of course they charge you money for their useless information.
It’s normal that when people are desperate they fall for these schemes. Although there are thousands of scammers out there, gratefully there are also one or two genuine sites that can show you the legitimate way of setting up an online business.
Find a legitimate place to start a home based business.
To start an online business I recommend that you go to Wealthy Affiliate. Here, you will find the correct way to start a legitimate online business and hopefully be on your way to online success.
I hope this has helped you understand why you should be working from home. If you can think of any other reasons I can add to my list or you have any other comments, please let me know. It would be great to hear from you!